Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Juicing Recipes

So I realized today that I've never juiced anything besides oranges and the occasional grapefruit. And my extent of vegetable juice knowledge comes from a wonderful bottle called V8. I started thinking that, with my luck, I'd be force-feeding myself awful tasting juices for the entirety of this detox. So I did a quick search for some vegetable juice recipes. I bookmarked 2 sites that looked pretty decent and stuff I could work with:

http://www.juicingbook.com/recipes/

http://www.soymilkquick.com/vegetablejuicerecipes.php

Both of those sites have a LOT to choose from, so I doubt I'll get bored with it!

Oh, I forgot to mention about the protein I'll be using. I have the GNC Whey Protein powder (in chocolate flavor). It's the GIANT container... lasts me awhile, although I have been through a few of them thus far. When I normally make protein shakes, I use milk, but for the detox I'll just be mixing it with water. I've still got time (to the tune of 3 weeks) before my detox to come up with my edited detailed plan to add in the protein.

I also forgot to mention that I will not be doing colonics, enemas, or anything of the sort. While I do believe they can be beneficial, I do not have the money and don't wish to do them. Being a young professional starting out in the world, I'm definitely no millionaire! And I also think that they are unnatural. If the whole purpose of this is to go back to the way nature intended things to be, where in the world were our people squirting water up their asses?? Don't get me wrong, I think it sounds beneficial, but kind of contradicts the whole point of this almost. So, I won't be doing any of those.

No comments: