Thursday, April 17, 2008

Day 5

Please don't hate me! PLEASE!! I cheated!!!! :-( First, let me start by saying that in Hawaiian culture it's extremely rude to say no to an offering of food. It's downright offensive. So anyway, I was sitting in my cube minding my own business. The guy next to me comes over with 2 scones and offers me on. I kinda brushed it off and was like "eeehhhh naaaahhh." I thought I was in the clear. I wasn't. He kept insisting "No, they're really good!" And he said that there were only 2 and he wanted me to have one before anyone took the rest. So after much convincing, I finally gave in. And then he wanted to know if I liked it, so of course I had to have some. So, I ate a raspberry/blueberry scone. And let me tell you, it was THE best damn scone I've ever had in my entire life! The fact that I'm on the detox made it taste THAT much better.

But that aside, everything else is going as planned! Scale said 118. For lunch, I had: carrots, celery, kale, apple, and parsley. Very yummy!

Didn't go to the gym today because I picked up the kitty, who I've named Lulu. She's doing well so far... she ate when we first got home and she's been napping ever since. She's still on pain meds, so that's expected. She goes to the vet tomorrow, so cross your fingers for us!

I wasn't tired when I woke up today AND I didn't have any stomach pains at all! WOO HOO!!

For dinner I made the Southern Collard Greens with: collards, carrots, sweet potatoes, celery, parsley, garlic, and ground red pepper. It was awesome! I made a little too much, so I have a meal leftover to eat.

Well, I need to go pay some more attention to Lulu. Hopefully I won't cheat tomorrow! It's so hard because I've been stressed the past few days. I could really go for a drink!

No comments: